Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sketch Dumperoo






I've been neglecting my sketchbook a lot this semester. I wouldn't say that I haven't been sketching at all, but I've been doing a lot less exploration and doodling, which I don't like in the least. However, the last week or so, I've gotten a chance to sit down and just burn through page after page and it felt great. Above are a few new sketches as well as some old.

My mother took a trip to Puerto Rico this past winter, and took upwards of 700 photo's. I don't blame her, I'm sure it was beautiful. Never-the-less, I got to snag them off her camera the last time I was home to use as potential reference photo's someday. I came across a picture of one of her fellow travelers with an extremely grotesque scared look on her face and of course that was the first of the photos I would use. It was just a great expression revealing a lot of anatomy in the face that I had not had the opportunity to draw. Then I drew a crab. Not quite as exciting.

Also there are some sketches/studies to be used for editorial cartoons. My personal favorite is the angry Obama sketch. It's so out of character for him and I think thats why I like it so much.

2 comments:

Dominic Philibert said...

Nice drawings!!!!!!!!

lordmarcus said...

Thank you very much Dominic!