Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Are we there yet??





The portrait of my little brother is complete... I think. I worked on the hair and shirt today. The hair came out a little more blond than I wanted, but I'll cope. I did a red under-painting for the shirt which showed through very well when I roughed in the colors. I really didn't want to lose that, so I thought I would just add some tints, tones, and highlights and see how it turned out. Well thats how you see it now, but I feel like it looks unfinished compared to the rest of the painting. I don't think it's too distracting, and the red under-painting is still popping through like I wanted. Anyway, painting aside, there's my reference photo right below it. I had to play with the lighting a bit. Also, I missed his likeness a little bit, but for the most part I'm satisfied with how it turned out.

Below those two are a bunch of sketches I pulled out of my sketchbook.

No comments: