Thursday, December 3, 2009

President Karzai in progress



I think I finally made a breakthrough with my Wacom and Photoshop. This is a section of an illustration of good ol' Presidents Obama and Afghani Karzai. I'm starting to get much more comfortable with painting in Photoshop. It's taken some time, but finding local and arbitrary colors isn't always that easy in photoshop for some reason.

On a side note, it always surprises me how much quality an image loses when saving a file as a jpeg rather than psd. file.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Aw! It's so cute! Yet so heartbreaking at the same time :(
yeah, JPEGS are sub par to psd... but TIFF files will rock your socks, it's too bad it's so hard to upload them online. I always save an image as both psd and a JPEG for online, then I'll convert it to a TIFF if i need to e-mail it or burn it.