Thursday, March 5, 2009

Rush and toons





Michael Jackson announced that he'll be holding a press conference regarding a potential summer comeback tour. I for one couldn't care less. However, I'll be curious to see if his current "child molester" reputation will have any affect on ticket sales.

In other news, I'm sure most of you have heard that insurance giant AIG suffered a record setting 62 billion dollar loss last quarter. It's things like this that make you wonder why there has been any opposition at all against a CEO salary cap for companies receiving bailout relief. On a side note, the drawing was a thing of frustration for me. My pen nib was acting up on me, so I put in a new one, which in turn started acting up. To top it off, I was in a rush, and the whole thing was not going well. But as soon as I started putting in some finishing touches, and beefing up some line weights, it all pulled together better than I anticipated.

The final painting is one of Rush Limbaugh again. I don't think I'm done playing around with him yet. The colors of this watercolor turned out exactly as I wanted (some got washed out when I photographed and scanned them in) so I think I'm going to try and redo it as a larger acrylic painting. Looking over it again, it reminded me of the blueberry girl from Willy Wonka. I might have to address that next time, with some light fleshtones for highlights in the face. Also, I think I missed the likeness a little bit, but overall, I was pretty satisfied with it.

No comments: