Monday, November 3, 2008

Sketch dump o' frustration





I'm in the process of finishing up my latest sketchbook. Over the last year or so, I've been going through sketchbooks a lot quicker than I used to, and here's a couple sketches from the most recent.

There are some faces that some people just can't get a likeness on for whatever reason. For me, in my latest sketchbook, it's been Brett Favre(in the top picture) and Kelsey Grammar(bottom two pictures). I filled up several pages with sketches of each, and just couldn't get any decent results. It's very hard to put my pencil down after doing a crappy sketch, but after several attempts, frustration takes over, and some explicit phrases may be uttered before my sketchbook is closed for the day. I normally like to come back to these faces if I am still not satisfied(or not completely defeated), and give it a fresh eye. In some instances this will help, and others, not so much.

No comments: